Triple Berry Cranberry Delight
The Holidays are fast approaching! I love this time of year, especially with all the cooking for family! I hope this recipe will become a favorite on your Holiday table.
- 1 cup unsweetened tart cherry juice (preferably organic), may substitute pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 1/4-1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 10-12-ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or cranberries or mixture of both)
- 3 tablespoon orange marmalade (look for fruit juice sweetened)
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine cherry juice and honey in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add cranberries and dried cherries and cook until cherries soften and cranberries pop, stirring often for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange marmalade, orange juice, zest, and spices. Cool completely. Can be made three days ahead or frozen for one month.
- Makes 2 cups. Perfect for the Holidays!