Kris’s Cashew Tiki Snack-Krack Mix
I had such great cooking demo classes this week! As promised – here is the recipe for this fantastic snack we made. This recipe is for all the wives of our dedicated military who attended my class this week.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and share this with family and friends!
- 8 thick slices of lean bacon
- 3 cups salted, roasted cashews
- 4 dried pineapple, cut into 1/3" pieces
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free, low-sodium tamari or soy sauce or for soy-free, coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (more or less to taste)
- Cook bacon: Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment and topped with a second sheet of parchment. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a bowl, mix honey and tamari; toss the bacon pieces, cashews, dried pineapple, hemp seeds and Aleppo pepper in honey/tamari blend until all are thoroughly coated.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in 350° oven, stirring once half-way through cooking and until the bacon is browned.
- Taste and adjust seasoning adding sea salt if needed and/or more Aleppo pepper.
- Stir occasionally until cool, then serve and watch it disappear. Recipe may be doubled.
What is your favorite gluten-free snack mix you make? Do you have a family favorite recipe?