I had another great cooking demo at the Whole Foods in River Forest – standing room only! My favorite part is teaching other people that eating with certain restrictions can be quite delicious. As Super Bowl approaches – this could be a great addition to your entertaining goodies.
So tasty and good for you! And ready in no time!
- 1/2+ cup roasted beets
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot (1 small)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons (4-5 T)
- 1/4 cup hot/boiling water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Delicious with sliced cucumbers, celery or favorite veggies.
- Can't get easier than that!