You may add ground meat (turkey, beef or pork) and/or Italian sausage to sauce if you prefer meat
lasagna OR add cooked veggies like chopped spinach, kale, or chopped zucchini between layers
for added vegetables.
2-28 ounce jars prepared marinara sauce or
homemade (see recipe)
1 pound gluten-free lasagna noodles OR 3
medium zucchinis (sliced 1/4″-thick,
1 ½ lbs ricotta cheese or nondairy ricotta (see recipe)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 eggs (may omit)
1/2 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded or
nondairy substitute like Daiya vegan cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or nondairy
substitute like Parma! Nondairy Parmesan
1. In a large saucepan heat sauce until warmed and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl blend ricotta, parsley, egg, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
3. Use gluten-free lasagna, par cook if necessary (follow package directions) or use fresh
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. To assemble, spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a lightly oiled 9×13 inch baking dish.
Arrange noodles or zucchini slices lengthwise over sauce. Spread with one third of the
ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a quarter of mozzarella cheese slices (if using). Spoon
sauce over mozzarella. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan
cheese (if using).
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving (very important
to let cool before cutting).